Keeping Furniture Clean
A household has several different types of furniture all of which are prone to get stained by accidents at some time or the other. In order to keep the house clean, it sort of becomes imperative to learn how to keep your furniture clean. Spills are the most common and can happen at any time. When they do, it is best to immediately take care of them as the longer they are allowed to stand, the longer you will take to clean it up the mess. Even if you are lucky enough to escape accidental spills, normal dust will accumulate over time. As you can see, there is no way in which you can escape cleaning chores. Following these simple tips will help you save a lot of time when cleaning your furniture.
- Removable Covers For Furniture: If your furniture has a removable cover, you are saved a ton of trouble. Simply take off the cover and put it into a washing machine. Then wash it thoroughly with some laundry detergent. Allow the cover to dry and put it back onto your furniture. It will be as good as new.
- Cleaning Sofas and Chairs: Sofas and chairs are extremely vulnerable to stains, dust and dirt which not just stick to the surface but instead get deeply embedded into the chairs over time. If your sofa came with a removable cover, awesome! Wash it properly in the washing machine to clean it. If the cover is not removable, you will need to look into some upholstery cleaning products. Although products are readily available in the local shop you can create your own cleaning solutions with products that are available at home and within your hand’s reach. The simplest cleaning solution is made by mixing mild laundry detergent and warm water.
- White Vinegar: Already a prerequisite for the kitchen cupboard, there are very few stains and spills that the mighty white vinegar cannot tackle. It is a boon particularly when it comes to pet stains. The chemistry of vinegar is such that it makes it very unfriendly towards stains. Create a cleaning solution by mixing half parts water with half parts of white vinegar. As you can see white vinegar is an extremely useful item to have in the household as its properties make it an extremely good stain remover. White vinegar is beneficial not just for removing accidental pet stains but also for all other kinds of stains such as those caused by coffee, ink, etc. Pour the cleaning solution into a spray bottle and spray onto the stain. Slowly blot the area with a soft brush. After the smell has subsided and the stain faded considerably, use a white towel to absorb the remaining vinegar in the furniture. Once you are done, you should rinse it with a soapy solution to give the furniture a thorough cleaning.
- Vacuum your sofas and chairs at least once a week.
- For wooden furniture: It’s frustrating to see our wooden furniture lose their shine after some time. But following the three-step technique of dust-clean and wax can help the furniture regain some if its earlier glory. Dust your furniture thoroughly to remove any airborne dust. Try to avoid cleaning wood with water unless there exist some sticky spots. For the shine, apply wax polish to your furniture. Do keep in mind though that these polishes just make the wooden surface slippery and do not offer and hard protective layer.
If you are looking for good furniture cleaning services in Calgary, we are professionals who are committed to delivering smooth experiences at low prices. If you are interested to know our prices, just give us a call.