Vacuuming tips for carpet cleaning.
Posted by Konstantin at February 1st, 2015
Well what could possibly be so hard about vacuuming right? It’s all about holding the device and moving it back and forth over the dusty areas right? Wrong! It’s not about simply making lines in the carpet and admiring your handiwork because then the carpet would still remain dirty although on surface it might not be appear to be so. Vacuuming is an essential step in every carpet cleaning regime, so it is important to do it the right way. Try to buy the one which comes with different kinds of nozzles such as nozzles specialized to cleaning room edges and add-ons that will help you suck up all the dirt underneath the furniture. Some general tips to follow while cleaning your carpet are given below
- Clean around the edges of your room: Have you noticed dark lines forming at the edges of your carpet? This happens because most of us don’t bother to spend time cleaning the edge of our rooms. The dust and grime that accumulate at the carpet edges cannot be removed so easily as they have accumulated over years. Therfore, take an extra minute to fit on the crevice tool and clean the edges of your carpet.
- Always start vacuuming from the region of the room that is exactly opposite to the door and then move out slowly. This way you avoid walking on the recently vacuumed area and dirtying your carpet with your feet. Then vacuum left to right and front to back. Although you may feel like you are doing unnecessary and redundant work, you will end up sucking out most of the dirt embedded in the fibers that you would have missed otherwise. This is important as presence of microbes and other bacteria will be considerably reduced because of which the probability of dust allergies will be minimised.
- Move the nozzle back and forth. This is because the vacuum is designed to work better when moved inwards(that is towards the puller).
- Remember to pull of any debris that might be visibly lying on top of the rug with a sweeper before you proceed to vacuuming. This is important to prevent unnecessary large crumbs from being sucked into the vacuum and clogging out or filling up the vacuum back too fast.
- For heavily soiled carpets, repeatedly run the vacuum but by rotating it by 90 degrees. This means that if you were going from east to west, its now time for you to vacuum from north to south.
- Replace the vacuum bag once it is half full to avoid the dirt from the overfull bag from spilling out an re-dirtying the carpet. You may think that you are not spilling but in reality you are more dirtying than cleaning the carpet.
If you think you can stick to these guidelines and do a good job of cleaning up the carpet then you are all set. For everyone and for special carpeting needs, we are just a phone call away. Do not hesitate to call us for the best carpet cleaning deals in Calgary. We offer reasonable prices and special methods for cleaning specific fibres.